วันพุธที่ 2 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Why do women watch movies with the intention of being sad at the end?

Why do women say let's have good cry at this movie or book or whatever?

Girls are icky


Some people find it relieves stress to have a good cry. But it isn't the crying that is the goal, it is the beautiful moving story, or whatever. The crying is a byproduct.

I like a good cry - gets it out of your system. I watch some films just because I know they're going to make me cry - It's a Wonderful Life, Dumbo, etc - I cried for 4 hours solid after seeing Project X as a child. I always think if you have a good cry, you'll have a good laugh soon after, it's like it balances things out :-)

I don't say let's have a good cry-I hate crying. I don't watch movies or books with sad endings. I like sci-fi and action flicks. Girls aren't icky, the girls you're around are different than you and I. Not all girls are alike, nor are all boys. You're assuming a lot based on your massive amount of experience with the world, lol.

Catharsis. For the same reason people feel uplifted at the end of Shakespearean tragedies. You think, "Wow. My life is great compared to that story. I think I'll go hug someone, have a huge meal, have sex and get a great night's sleep. Life is good."

For the same reason men watch movies with sex and violence.

Edit: I was referring to women wanting a emotional connection to whereas men wanting a physical stimulation. Is that better?

I am no woman, but maybe is because an emotional movie gives chance to see life from another perspective. A good movie is one in which you feel different when you live the theater than when you enter.

That's never the intention. Some women like poignant, thought-provoking stories more than others. I never cry at movies or books.

I don't know. Personally, I prefer comedies, especially the Marx Brothers.

Because the movie is good- City of Angels is a really good movie

Woman: How many women does it take to change a lightbulb?

Man: I dunno.

Woman: Two.

Man: Why?

Woman: IT JUST DOES, OK?!

Because they like to boo-hoo in public so everyone will notice them.

As one woman told me..

"Sometimes I just feel like crying"

Monkey, that doesn't make any sense at all!

Edit: Aye!

just because.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

  © women watches cartier Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP