วันพุธที่ 9 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

How can women watch a movie without a single high-speed chase or helicopter and not get bored?

I love those kinds of movies! One of my all time favs, though, is Gladiator. No helicopter and high-speed chases...but, it's a great movie.

I love action movies, and chick flicks. Trust me...my guy gets me to watch more of his-type movies, than he ever would watch a chick flick.


Because *I* like a good story. I read Heavy Metal comics for god's sakes, so after spending all my life reading and feeling inspired by original stories of sci-fi and fantasy artists that were kicking around in the 70s and 80s, things have to be creative and thoughtful.

Like, I don't know; Predator is awesome. As is Soldier and even the Hitcher I like. You can even count me in on Split Second.

But take me out to watch some total celebrity wankfest like mission impossible II, I get bored and cranky.

First poster, we agree. But there are women like me who also like "high octane" films. In fact, I usually prefer them to romantic comedies. But a good drama, great, complex character development (a la Hitchcock) or fantastic plot twists (think David Mamet) or a grand romance (anything from Twilight to Casablanca) and I am just as hooked as a 12 year old fanboy to the latest comic book adaptation.

Hell if I know, buddy. I personally have a thing for comic book movies and horror movies. I have to tell you, the Tranformers, Revenge of the Fallen is freaking awesome! And guess what? Next month G.I. Joe is coming out, looks great. It has been a banner year for really good action movies. Thank goodness, because one more "feel good movie of the year" and I will vomit to feel better.

What, you don't like movies about sister hood and pants and cancer and white knights who are sensitive and caring and make you fill out a sex contract before copulation?

I agree, Bridget Jone's diary could have been a good movie is she got ripped apart by aliens at the end.

They subsitute the high-speed stuff with emotional ones.

Because they are women!

Because we're deeper than that. It's funny how men can be entertained watching things move fast.

I agree, I can't imagine the last time I fell asleep in an action flick

0 ความคิดเห็น:

  © women watches cartier Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP